Francis Wormald • Volume 1 of 2: Abbotsbury - Durham • 1939
First of 2 vols. A third volume announced after the Second World War was never published. Eleven kalendars are edited:
- Abbotsbury Abbey, Dorset: from London, British Library, Cotton MS Cleopatra B.IX, ff. 54r-60.
- Abingdon Abbey, Berkshire: from Cambridge, University Library, MS Kk.1.22, ff. lr-7; collated with Oxford, Bodleian Library, Digby MS 227 (SC 1828), ff. 7-12r; and from STC 15792, represented by copies in Emmanuel College, Cambridge; and Exeter College, Oxford.
- St Albans Abbey, Hertfordshire: from Oxford, New College, MS 358, ff. 3-8r; Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 26 (C.9), f. 6; Hildesheim, Sankt Godehardskirche, the Albani Psalter, ff. 2-7r; Kew (Surrey), Sir Sydney Cockerell Collection, Golden Psalter of St Albans;1 London, British Library, Royal MSS Royal MS 2.A.X, ff. 2-7r; 2.B.VI, ff. 2-7r; 14.C.VII, ff. 7-8; Cotton MSS Claudius D.VI, ff. 216-217; Julius D.VII, ff. 35r-41; Oxford, Bodleian Library, Laud Misc. MS 279 (SC 1022), ff. 1-4r; Gough MS Liturg. 18 (SC 18332), ff. XVIII-XXIIIr.
- St Augustine's Abbey, Canterbury: from Cambridge, St John's College, MS Tt.1.22 (formerly C.7), ff. 3-8r; with Cambridge, Gonville & Caius College, MS 238, ff. 18-23r; Canterbury, Cathedral Library, MS E.XIX; London, British Library, Cotton MS Vespasian A.II, ff. 19-25; Oxford, Bodleian Library, Ashmole MS 1525 (SC 8229), ff. 1-5r.
- Christ Church Cathedral Priory, Canterbury: from London, British Library, Cotton MS Tiberius B.III, ff. 2-7r; Cambridge, Trinity College, MS R.17.1, ff. ia-ib; London, British Library, Additional MS 6160, ff. 2r-8; London, Lambeth Palace, MS 558, ff. 1-6r; Oxford, Bodleian Library, Additional MS C.260 (SC 30279); Auct. MS D.2.2 (SC 4120); Paris, Bibliothèque nationale, MS lat. 770, ff. 1-6r; Nouv. acq. lat. 1670, ff. 1-6r.
- Chertsey Abbey, Surrey: from Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Lat. liturg. MS e.6 (SC 32558), ff. 4-8r.
- Abbey of St Mary & St Werburga, Chester: from Oxford, Bodleian Library, Tanner MS 169* (SC 9995), pp. 3-14.
- Croyland Abbey, Lincolnshire: London, Lambeth Palace, Tenison MS 873; collated with London, British Library, Arundel MS 230, ff. 2-5r.
- Deeping Priory, Lincolnshire: from London, British Library, Harley MS 3658, ff. 2-7r.
- Dunster Priory, Somerset: from London, British Library, Additional MS 10628, ff. 1-6r.
- Cathedral Priory, Durham: from Cambridge, Jesus College, MS Q.B.6, ff. 2-7r; collated with Durham, Cathedral Chapter Library, Hunter MS 100, ff. 2-7r; London, British Library, Harley MS 4664, ff. 126-131r; Harley MS 5289, ff. 2-7r; Harley MS 1804, ff. 1-12r; Cambridge, University Library, Additional MS 3303, frag. n. 6.
1 Sir Sydney Cockerell (1867-1962), director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, in 1937 retired to Kew. Although parts of his collection were sold off at various dates after he became bedridden following a fall in 1951, it appears that some years before his death on 1 May 1962 the psalter passed to Mr B.S. Cron, at the same location. The Golden Psalter is listed as no. 57 in Christopher de Hamel, Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts from the Library of Sir Sydney Cockerell (1867-1962).